Aramaic update planned: This book will soon be updated to reflect all the differences found in the Aramaic manuscripts, since this book may have been originally written in Aramaic. They will be marked with this symbol: [Syr] Our translation is created by volunteers, and we are always correcting and refining the text. Learn what [brackets] and other insertions mean.
1Paul and Timothy, slaves of the Anointed Jesus, to all the Holy Ones in the Anointed Jesus [who are] in Philippi, along with the overseers and servants:2May you have kindness and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus the Anointed!3I thank my God every time you’re mentioned, 4and I’m constantly begging [God] on your behalf… Yes, begging with joy, 5because of your partnership in [sharing] the good news from the first day until now.6I’m confident that the one who started this good work among you will continue to perfect it until the Day of Jesus the Anointed One.7It’s a righteous thing for me to think this way about all of you, and I keep you in my heart – both when I'm in chains, and when I'm defending and confirming the good news, for you’re all sharers in my loving care.8God is my witness as to how much I long for all of you with the same tender affection that the Anointed Jesus has.9And this is what I keep praying:That your love will continue to grow more and more, along with your higher knowledge and understanding; 10and that you’ll keep on proving the most excellent things, so that you might be found pure and blameless until the day of the Anointed One… 11Yes, being filled with righteous fruit (through the Anointed Jesus) to God’s glory and praise.12Now, I want you to know this, brothers:I’m seeing results from what I’m doing for the Good News’s advancement.13For my imprisonment because of the Anointed One has become public knowledge among the entire Praetorian Guard and everyone else [here].14Also, because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord are now more confident and they’re showing more courage and fearlessness when teaching the word of God.15Unfortunately, it’s true that some are preaching the Anointed One out of [a spirit of] envy and rivalry.However, many others are doing it for good motives… 16Out of love, because they know that [the reason why] I’m lying here is to defend the good news.17Yet, none of the rest are doing it for good reasons; for they’re preaching the Anointed One by arguing – and they think that this will create more problems for me while I’m in prison.18But it doesn’t make any difference, for whether they’re just pretending or they’re being sincere, the Anointed One is being made known... And I rejoice over this.In fact, I’ll keep on rejoicing, 19because I know that through your earnest prayers and a [generous] supply of the spirit of Jesus the Anointed One, I’ll be saved [from this imprisonment]. 20Yes, I eagerly hope (and don’t expect to be disappointed) that soon I’ll be able to speak freely about the Anointed One just as before, and even more so, whether my body is dead or alive!21To me, life is the Anointed One and my reward is death... 22However, if I can keep on living in the flesh, I consider this to be the fruitage of my work.Which do I prefer?I won’t say, 23for I’m obsessed by the two.What I really want is to be released [from this body] and to be with the Anointed One, since that’s surely the best.24However, for your sakes, it’s better for me to remain in the flesh. 25And because I’m confident of this, I know that I’ll survive and still be with all of you, so I can help you to grow in the joy of the faith…26And then your reasons for pride in the Anointed Jesus will grow because of me, due to the fact that I’ll be coming to you again.27Just behave in a way that’s worthy of the good news about the Anointed One, so that regardless of whether I’m coming to visit or I’m far away, I can hear [good] things about you…For example, [I want to hear] that you’re all standing firm with the same motivations, and that you’re serving the faith of the good news side-by-side as a single ‘person,’ 28not being frightened by those who oppose you.[This fine conduct on your part] will be evidence of both their [spiritual] ruin, and our salvation.[Syr]29God has given you the privilege of not only really believing in the Anointed One, but also of suffering for him,[Syr] 30and of struggling with the same things you saw me [struggle with], which you’re now hearing are happening to me again.
1Therefore, if there’s any encouragement [to be found] in the Anointed One, any consoling love, any fellowship of the [Holy] Breath, any depth of heart or compassion 2– anything that would make my joy in you complete – [it would be to hear that] you’ve been:• Of one mind,
• Of one love,
• Of one spirit,[Syr] and
• Of one will.3And that you aren’t doing anything out of spite or pride but humbly, believing all the others to be better than you. 4Also that you’re not just watching out for yourselves, but for the best interests of each other!5Yes, just as the Anointed One did, have this feeling inside of you: 6That, even though he’s in the same form as God, he never considered exploiting this to make himself equal to God. 7Instead, he emptied himself into the shape of a slave and became a human!8And when he found himself shaped as a human, he humbled himself and became obedient to death… Yes, to death on an upright [stake].9This is why God promoted him to a superior position and granted him a reputation that’s far above every other name, 10so that in the name of Jesus every knee in heaven, on earth, and under the ground should bend, 11and that every tongue should confess that Jesus the Anointed One is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.12So, my loved ones:In the same way that you’ve always obeyed (not just when I’m there but also while I’m away), keep on working towards your own salvation in fear and trembling. 13For God is encouraging and motivating you to do the good things you want to do.[Syr]14Therefore, do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you can be found blameless and innocent children of God – free from the accusations of this crooked and twisted generation [reference to Deuteronomy 32:5], among whom you’re shining as lights to the world!16Also, hang on to the life-giving words, so that I can boast in the Day of the Anointed One who I didn’t run without reason or labor in vain.17And then, even if I’m being poured out as a drink offering sacrifice (over the welfare of your faith), I can be thankful and rejoice with all of you…18As I want you to be glad and rejoice along with me!19I hope (in the Lord Jesus) to send Timothy to you soon, so I can be encouraged by hearing about how you’re getting along.20For I’ve got nobody else here who has the same spirit as me, who genuinely cares about your needs... 21All the rest are just watching out for their own interests, not those of the Anointed Jesus.22So recognize how well [Timothy] has proven himself; for he has slaved with me as a child does with his father when it comes to promoting the good news.23Yes, this is the man I hope to send to you, just as soon as I see where I really stand in this situation that I [find myself] in.24However, I’m confident in the Lord that I'll soon be able to come and see you myself!25I also considered it necessary to return EpaPhraditus (my brother, co-worker, and fellow soldier, but your envoy and social worker for my assistance) to you, 26because he’s been longing to see all of you, and he’s been concerned over the fact that you learned about his illness.27Yes, he was indeed ill, almost to the point of death! However, The God had mercy on him… And not just on him, but on me too, so I wouldn’t be grieved with sadness!28Therefore, I’m sending him to you immediately, so that you can rejoice once again when you see him… And I can be less anxious too!29Give him your customary welcome in the Lord with all joy… And remember his reputation!30For he came very close to being killed while doing the Anointed One’s work, and he’s exposed his life to great danger in order to make up for your not being here to provide for my welfare.
1Finally, my brothers:Keep on rejoicing in the Lord!The fact that I’m writing these same things to you once again is no trouble for me, and it’s for your own safety. 2Just watch out for the ‘dogs,’ those who are doing wicked things, and those who cut the flesh[, that is, circumcise]!3Indeed, we are the [real] circumcision – those serving in the Breath of God and finding glory in the Anointed Jesus, and not putting their trust in the flesh.4Realize that I’m someone who has every reason for confidence in the flesh… And if anyone else thinks he has a reason for confidence in the flesh, I have even more reasons!5[For I was]:• Circumcised on the 8th day,
• [I’m] of the race of IsraEl,
• Of the tribe of BenJamin,
• And a Hebrew from among Hebrews.[Also:]• When it comes to the Law, [I was] a Pharisee;
6• When it comes to zeal, [I was] a persecutor of the called ones;
• When it comes to righteousness by following the Law, [I was] one who’s proven himself blameless!7Yet, the things that I [once] considered my assets are what I now consider my shortcomings because of the Anointed One!8For now I consider everything a detriment compared to the superiority of the knowledge of the Anointed Jesus, my Lord.And because of him, I’ve accepted the loss of everything and consider it all like garbage, so I can gain the Anointed One 9and to be found in him.But this isn’t because of my own righteousness due to following the Law; rather, it comes from my faith that he’s the Anointed of God!For my righteousness [is now based on my] faith, 10that I know Jesus,[Syr] and in the power of his resurrection.Therefore, I've been willing to share in his sufferings and resign myself to a death like his, 11so I can be found worthy of a resurrection from the place of the dead.12[No, I’m not saying] that I’ve made it yet or that I’m already perfect, just that I’m chasing after it so that I might take it – because Jesus has taken me.13Brothers, I don’t think of myself as having achieved it yet, but I’m doing this one thing:[I’m] forgetting the things in the past and stretching out to reach for the things that are ahead… 14I’m running towards the goal, the prize of the higher calling from God – through the Anointed Jesus.15And may all of us who are mature start thinking this way; and if you think differently, God will [soon] reveal it to you.16Nevertheless, let’s all walk together with one accord so we can achieve this!17So be like me, brothers, and contemplate those who are following the example that you see in us.18However, there are many who walk differently, people I used to talk to you about... But now I say with tears that they’ve become enemies of the Anointed One’s upright [stake]!19They'll end up in ruin, because their bellies have become their gods – and the things they’re proud of are things that shame them, since all they think about is earthly things... 20While our concerns are in heaven,[Syr] to which we look for our Savior, the Lord Jesus the Anointed.21He will transform our humiliated bodies and mold them into the likeness of his own glorious body, in the same way that he’s able to make all things subject to himself.
1So my brothers who are loved and longed for (my joy and my victory garland):Keep standing just as you are in the Lord, my loved ones!2I encourage EuOdia and SynTyche to think the same way in the Lord. 3And I’m asking [the rest of] you (who’ve truly shared under my same yoke) to stick by these women who’ve worked so hard side-by-side with me in the good news…Along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers whose names are [written] in the Scroll of Life.4Always rejoice in the Lord!I’ll say it again:Rejoice… 5And let everyone know how reasonable you can be!Since the Lord is close [to you], 6don’t be anxious about anything! But through prayers and heart-felt petitions along with the giving of thanks, make your requests known to God…7And then the peace of God –which is beyond all understanding– will guard your hearts and your reasoning, through the Anointed Jesus.8Finally, brothers:Keep on thinking about whatever things are true, serious, righteous, chaste, lovable, well spoken of, virtuous, and praiseworthy.9And if you continue to do the things that you learned, accepted, heard, and saw through me, the God of peace will be with you.10I’m so joyful in the Lord that you’ve finally started thinking about my needs once again. It’s not that you’ve forgotten me, it’s just that you haven’t had much opportunity...11I’m not saying this because I’m in need, for I’ve learned to be very self-sufficient… 12I know how to be poor and I know how to have plenty.For in everything and in every way, I’ve learned the secrets of how to have enough to eat and how to go hungry, how to have plenty and how to do without. 13Yes, I have the strength for everything by the One who gives me power.14However, you’ve acted well by sharing with me during my difficulties. 15In fact, you Philippians may remember how, back in the early [days] of the good news (after I left Macedonia), not a single congregation was willing to share with me in the matter of giving and receiving – other than you!16For even [when I was] in ThesSalonica, you sent something to help with my needs… Not just once, but twice!17I’m not saying this because I want a gift – I want you to have an increase of [good] fruits!18Indeed, I’ve received everything that I need from you, which is more than enough!I’ve been filled with the sweet-smelling odor of a sacrifice that’s acceptable and very pleasing to God, now that I’ve received these things from you through EpaPhraditus.19So be assured that my God will in turn fully supply all of your needs from His great wealth – through the glory of the Anointed Jesus.20Now, may our God and Father be glorified throughout ages of ages...May it be so![P.S]21Give my greetings to all the Holy Ones in the Anointed Jesus. The brothers who are with me also send you their greetings... 22Yes, all the Holy Ones – and especially those of the house of Caesar – send you their greetings.23May the kindness of the Lord Jesus the Anointed One be with you all.May it be so!
Jewish Era (LXX)
- 1 Samuel
- 2 Samuel
- 1 Kings
- 2 Kings
- 1 Chronicles
- 2 Chronicles
- Song of Solomon
- Daniel (Old Greek)
translator notes, commentaries
Display the Divine Name as:
Display the name of God’s Son as: